100% Guaranteed Gold Coast Whale Sightings or get a FREE return cruise!
An unforgettable Gold Coast whale watching experience
Are you looking for an unforgettable Gold Coast Whale Watching experience with 100% Whale Sighting Guarantee? Whales in Paradise is your answer!
Whales in Paradise will provide you with the most intimate and memorable encounter with Humpback Whales on the Gold Coast. As the city’s original whale whale watch operator and a family-run business, we take pride in offering you a Whale Watching Tour with a difference.
Itinerary & Highlights
9:30am | 2:30pm
Sample - Whale Watching Itinerary
- Check-in opens (please arrive at least 20-mins prior to departure)
- Boarding commences
- Souvenir boarding photos taken
- Relax and select your seating
- Cruise departure
- Crew introduction and tour briefing
- Complimentary morning tea is served
- Bonus Gold Coast Waterways Cruise with entertaining commentary on route to the Humpback Highway
- Pass through the Gold Coast Seaway and arrive at the Humpback Highway
- Morning Tea closes
- Guests are taught how to find whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Whale Watching begins
- Expert informative commentary
- Calm water return cruise back to Surfers Paradise
- Morning tea reopens
- Fully licensed bar serving local beer, wines and pre-mixed spirits opens
- Photo opportunity for passengers driving the vessel (subject to day’s conditions)
- Souvenir photos and merchandise available to purchase
- Vessel returns back to Surfers Paradise
- Guests disembark with memories to last a lifetime
Before you board...
Here’s a quick check-in checklist, so you have all the answers before you set sail!
Please arrive twenty minutes before the tour departs, so we can check you in and board on time.
Please bring your booking confirmation with you to check-in so we can locate your booking.
Walk on down from Surfers Paradise. Make your way to the Hopo Gold Coast Ferry Information Kiosk located in Appel Park, 10 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise. The friendly staff there will direct you to your vessel.
The tour will take approximately 3 hours. Please arrived 20-minutes prior for check-in. Scroll up for an example itinerary.
Yes! Our tours tend to fill up very quickly, so pre-booking online will ensure you are able to get a seat on your desired tour.
Water Level Viewing Deck
Our state-of-the-art vessel and knowledgeable staff ensure a whale watching experience you won’t forget! Get up-close and personal with the gentle giants of the sea from our unrivalled water-level viewing decks. We limit passenger numbers to make sure you have a fantastic experience- so have your cameras ready! Our guaranteed rail-side viewing means a 360º unobstructed view of the Humpback’s spectacular acrobatic displays – and don’t forget the cheeky dolphins and turtles keeping us company along the way!
Whales in Paradise is the original Gold Coast whale watching company – we have been operating since 2004. We are family-owned and operated, but we also ensure our crew are experienced, entertaining and dedicated to providing you with the closest whale encounters possible. Our crew are popular with our passengers for their friendly and enthusiastic customer service. You will be kept entertained, informed and most importantly – well catered for by each of our crew members.
At Whales in Paradise, our tours even include a FREE Waterways Cruise through the stunning Gold Coast Broadwater. Cruise past the magnificent homes and gardens of the stars as our entertaining crew keep you up-to-date with the Gold Coast’s latest Hollywood gossip – all this topped off with complimentary tea, coffee & muffins – a perfect way to start your tour.
With tours departing twice a day, seven days a week, it couldn’t be easier to have the Whale Watching experience of your dreams. Departing right from the heart of Surfers Paradise, a truly magical experience with the most enchanting creatures of the sea is waiting at your doorstep. Secure your seats now!