100% Guaranteed Gold Coast Whale Sightings or get a FREE return cruise!
An unforgettable Gold Coast whale watching experience
Are you looking for an unforgettable Gold Coast Whale Watching experience with 100% guaranteed daily sightings? Whales in Paradise is your answer!
Whales in Paradise will provide you with the most intimate and memorable encounter with Humpback Whales on the Gold Coast. As the first Whale Watching Operator on the Gold Coast and a family-run business, we take pride in offering you a Whale Watching Cruise with a difference.
Itinerary & Highlights
8:30am | 10:30am | 12:30pm | 2:30pm
Sample - Whale Watching Itinerary
- Check-In opens for Whale Watching Cruise (please arrive at least 20mins before departure)
- Souvenir photos taken
- Morning tea, coffee & biscuits is served
- Relax and select your seating
- Whale Watching cruise boarding
- Crew introduction and tour briefing
- Whale Watching cruise departure
8:35am – 9:10am
- Gold Coast waterways cruise with commentary of the Gold Coast history / rich and famous
- Morning tea, coffee and biscuits continues to be served
9:10am – 11:10am
- Whale Watching cruise enters Humpback whale sighting grounds
- Guests are taught how to find whales, dolphins etc…
- Whale Watching begins
- Expert Whale Watching commentary
- Tea, coffee and biscuits bar closes
11:10am – 11:45am
- Calm water cruise back to Surfers Paradise
- Tea and coffee bar reopens
- Photos from the cruise are printed at the onboard photo studio
- Photo opportunity for passengers driving the vessel (subject to day’s conditions)
- Vessel returns back to Surfers Paradise
Before you board...
Here’s a quick check-in checklist, so you have all the answers before you set sail!
Please arrive twenty minutes before the tour departs, so we can check you in and board on time.
Please bring your booking confirmation with you to check-in so we can locate your booking.
The tour will take approximately 3hrs 15mins. Scroll up for an example itinerary.
Yes! Our tours tend to fill up very quickly, so pre-booking online will ensure you are able to get a seat on your desired tour.
Water Level Viewing Deck
Our state-of-the-art vessel and knowledgeable staff ensure a whale watching experience you won’t forget! Get up-close and personal with the gentle giants of the sea from our unrivalled water-level viewing decks. We limit passenger numbers to make sure you have a fantastic experience- so have your cameras ready! Our guaranteed rail-side viewing means a 360º unobstructed view of the Humpback’s spectacular acrobatic displays- and don’t forget the cheeky dolphins and turtles keeping us company along the way!
Whales in Paradise is the original Gold Coast whale watching company – having been operating since 2004. We are family owned and operated, but we also ensure our crew are experienced, entertaining and dedicated to providing you with the closest whale encounters possible.
Our crew are popular with our passengers for their friendly and enthusiastic customer service. You will be be kept entertained, informed and most importantly – well catered for by each of our crew members.
At Whales in Paradise, our tours even include a FREE Rich & Famous Waterways Cruise through the stunning Nerang waterways. Cruise past the magnificent homes and gardens of the stars as our entertaining crew keep you up-to-date with the Gold Coast’s latest Hollywood gossip- all this topped off with complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits- a perfect way to start your tour.
With tours departing up to five times a day, seven days a week, it couldn’t be easier to have the Whale Watching experience of your dreams. Departing right from the heart of Surfers Paradise, a truly magical experience with the most enchanting creatures of the sea is waiting at your doorstep. Secure your seats now!