Staying in Brisbane and want to go Whale Watching? Whales in Paradise has the answer - offering daily transfers, FREE pick-up points and guaranteed whale sightings!
Brisbane Departure Info
Brisbane, one of Australia’s most vibrant cities, offers a myriad of both luxury and budget accommodation. Whales in Paradise is proud to have alliances with Hotel Jen, Rydges Southbank, and Bunk Backpackers.
Our friendly driver will meet you at the free pick-up points in central Brisbane (hotels mentioned above) between 7:40 am – 8:30 am before driving to the Gold Coast for our 9:30 am whale watching cruise.
Also, don’t forget to ask our driver for the latest whale updates as you travel down – he keeps his finger on the ocean’s pulse!
Itinerary & Highlights
7:40 am to 4:00 pm
Sample - Whale Watching Itinerary
7:40am – 8:20 am
- Hotel Pickup from Brisbane City
- Check-in opens (please arrive at least 20-mins prior to departure)
- Boarding commences
- Souvenir boarding photos taken
- Relax and select your seating
- Cruise departure
- Crew introduction and tour briefing
- Complimentary morning tea is served
- Bonus Gold Coast Waterways Cruise with entertaining commentary on route to the Humpback Highway
- Pass through the Gold Coast Seaway and arrive at the Humpback Highway
- Morning Tea closes
- Guests are taught how to find whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Whale Watching begins
- Expert informative commentary
- Calm water return cruise back to Surfers Paradise
- Morning tea reopens
- Fully licensed bar serving local beer, wines and pre-mixed spirits opens
- Photo opportunity for passengers driving the vessel (subject to day’s conditions)
- Souvenir photos and merchandise available to purchase
- Vessel returns back to Surfers Paradise
- Guests disembark with memories to last a lifetime
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Free time to sightsee around Surfers Paradise
- Return transfer back to your Brisbane pickup location
4:00 pm (approximate)
- Arrive at your Brisbane pickup location
Before you board...
Here’s a quick check-in checklist, so you have all the answers before you set sail!
Please arrive twenty minutes before the tour departs, so we can check you in and board on time.
Please bring your booking confirmation with you to check-in so we can locate your booking.
The tour will take approximately 3hrs 15mins. Scroll up for an example itinerary.
Yes! Our tours tend to fill up very quickly, so pre-booking online will ensure you are able to get a seat on your desired tour.
Water Level Viewing Deck
Our state-of-the-art vessel and knowledgeable staff ensure a whale watching experience you won’t forget! Get up-close and personal with the gentle giants of the sea from our unrivalled water-level viewing decks. We limit passenger numbers to make sure you have a fantastic experience- so have your cameras ready! Our guaranteed rail-side viewing means a 360º unobstructed view of the Humpback’s spectacular acrobatic displays- and don’t forget the cheeky dolphins and turtles keeping us company along the way!
Whales in Paradise is the original Gold Coast whale watching company – having been operating since 2004. We are family owned and operated, but we also ensure our crew are experienced, entertaining and dedicated to providing you with the closest whale encounters possible.
Our crew are popular with our passengers for their friendly and enthusiastic customer service. You will be be kept entertained, informed and most importantly – well catered for by each of our crew members.
At Whales in Paradise, our tours even include a FREE Rich & Famous Waterways Cruise through the stunning Nerang waterways. Cruise past the magnificent homes and gardens of the stars as our entertaining crew keep you up-to-date with the Gold Coast’s latest Hollywood gossip- all this topped off with complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits- a perfect way to start your tour.
With tours departing up to five times a day, seven days a week, it couldn’t be easier to have the Whale Watching experience of your dreams. Departing right from the heart of Surfers Paradise, a truly magical experience with the most enchanting creatures of the sea is waiting at your doorstep. Secure your seats now!
Don't need a transfer?
Book our Gold Coast whale watching cruise.