Best Places for Whale Watching
Did you know on the spectacular East Coast of Australia there are many opportunities to see Whales during the season, which runs from May to November? Each year some of the most popular destinations to see Whales include Sydney, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane Sunshine Coast and Hervey Bay.
The Whales migrate up the Eastern Seaboard of Australia each year to mate and play in the warm waters off the Great Barrier Reef. Many Whales spectators can see the breaching Whales and the Whale blows directly off the coast line while walking the white sandy beaches or swimming in the crystal clears ocean. Some excellent vantage points for seeing Whales in their wild environment is in Byron Bay the most easterly point of Australia, Coolangatta and Tweed Heads, The Spit in Northern Gold Coast, Stradbroke Island and Moreton Island.
To get up close and personal with the Whales there are number of tourism operators in Australia all of which offer an good experience. There are four primary operators in the Gold Coast and Brisbane region including Whales in Paradise. When deciding which company to go on tour with, we suggest you think about the following, to ensure you get the most ultimate experience, that best suits your plans:
- Time and duration of tour (Whales in Paradise has up to 5 tours a day, and spend ample time with the Whales)
- Boat capacity (eg we have 2 vessels with capacity to ensure rail side viewing for all passengers)
- Price (all operators find Whales, so if you go for the cheapest or most expensive option then it's usually based on boat style and number of passengers)
- Departing location (we depart from central Surfers Paradise or Brisbane CBD, other tour operators require transport to Marina)
- Transport (we offer Bus from Brisbane for solo travelers or groups, and can pick up from Gold Coast for groups)
- On-board facilities (we have access for wheelchair, lunch packs upon request and fully stocked bar with snacks)
- Whale Guarantee (in the rare event you don't see a Whale we offer free return cruise or full refund)
- Free added value (eg we include a free Surfers Paradise river cruise with Whales in Paradise and biscuits, tea & coffee on board)
- Tour commentary (as Gold Coast's longest running Whale Watching company our Crew are Whale experts and will share their knowledge while you are amazed at the beauty and magnitude of these amazing creatures)
Whale watching truly is a once and a lifetime experience that can be enjoyed so easily from the Gold Coast or Brisbane as the Whales swim close to shore. It's suitable for young and old! It will make your holiday even more memorable. If you book with Whales in Paradise, call 07 5538 2111 or book online, you will be in the best hands as we pride ourselves on making every trip truly spectacular.